Friday, June 5, 2009

austria 70.3 episode twelve - beyond the finishline

the danube river - i cycled up one side and back on the other
tri bikes the day after the race! (not really)

my 'cool down' route


my borrowed touring bike
Ah so, peaceful post race sleep...actually far from it, brekky was spent discussing how all of us were so pumped from adrenaline and fatigue no one could sleep so we should just have got up and had a cup of tea. We spent a happy obsessive few more hours pouring over the results, then i borrowed a bike from my gasthoff owners and went off into the bright morning armed with my ipod, book and a picnic, intending to meander happily about in the sunny day. I ended up cycling almost 60k quite accidentally but hey it took me all day and it was such a lovely way to spend a day. Cycle tourism is huge in austria and the cycle paths are well set up and are just so inviting and pleasant to pedal along. Mr Felt really didn't mind being left behind he said he knew i wasn't cheating on him with another bike as he is obviously vastly superior and he spent the day with his wheels up, chilling.
Ah, so what's next and when?? bring it on!! :-)